Menu
Stattio37
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Package reduction

In January I upgraded my package after being offered a what seemed to be an excellent deal. After agreeing I received a confirmation e-mail stating that I will be paying more than £20 a month above what I believed the cost to be. Also hit with another bombshell that my 1st bill would be even higher, something that wasn't even explained to me during your sales pitch. Rightly bemused and angry I contacted your complaints department who decided that I   needed educating by stating that I should have accessed my virgin media account to upgrade ( whenever I've tried it states- you cannot upgrade on-line). I have since tried phoning and sending messages without any luck on the hope that I could cancel my upgrade. Because noone was willing to make an effort to contact me I was left with no option but to activate the new equipment. I am now not only out of pocket but also unable to pair remote to use TV, record or rewind due to error code. Reported so maybe one day someone will contact me. Which leads me to my question. I am a supposedly loyal customer who has been with virgin for about 9 years. When I originally signed up I was tied in to a contract for a set time but was told that I could then upgrade/downgrade as and when I wished after that original tie in. What I would like to know is if I wanted to downgrade from this package next month would there be any financial penalties imposed on me. . When your sales person phoned she said that the price would be guaranteed for 18 months and my account has the red x next to remaining tie-in. Hope that all makes sense.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package reduction

HI Stattio37, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the experience which you have had. In regards to your question and the downgrade this would depend on if there was a contract imposed. If you are taking away a service an EDF fee should apply. If you are upgrading or downgrading a particular service package wise then there should be no fee as you are not disconnecting the service. Hopefully this makes sense  Chris 

0 Kudos