Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Package prices for loyal customer

I am a loyal customer who has been with Virgin and the one before NTL and even before that, who's monthly package seems to just get more expensive its due to go up in February.  Us "loyal" people get nothing discount wise offered to us from Virgin and I have called a couple of times one person was a waste of time and the other person I spoke to tried to help .  So does anyone have any way that I can call Virgin and get the package price down .  Calling their bluff and saying we are leaving seems to help some people as retentions call them and give them a better price but why do we have to do this why cant we get "the better price" when we call Virgin.  Loyal customers should be offered better costs because we have stayed with Virgin for a long time.  I will be calling again in February to see if anything has change so if anyone has any advice I would be gratefull.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package prices for loyal customer

I have no suggestions for you but I'm just replying to say your post took the words out of my mouth!  I hate "haggling" but I find it really annoying to hear that other users are getting a lower price than myself for the same or better package. Also, that users are willing to chop and change get lower prices overall.  This is my biggest criticism of VM - their product is very good but their pricing structure and "attitude" is woeful. Also, when I do phone, unless I get an "English" support person, the call is worse than useless.

I alway feel that when I do get very annoyed about something, I must be one of many. So there must be other disgruntled but loyal customers out there.

I forgot to add somewhere above that the sheer number of price increases from VM is also over the top. There is quite low inflation at present, and low wage/salary growth. I fail to see how the number of price increases can be justified. There sooner there is more competition from broadband providers with access to cable the better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package prices for loyal customer

With the way it's run now, with everyone on different prices - depending on how good your haggling skills are over the phone, it would be easier for them (and us) if they sold their packages at Auctions, at least we could then make bids online 😂

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos