cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package negotiation fail

Gypsycat
Tuning in

At the beginning of August I negotiated a new deal via the chat box, all confirmed by email. Yesterday I received an email saying that my new package is over double the price originally stated. I again went through the chatbox and was told it would be at the first price quoted. This morning I get another email saying the new package is over £100 which is definitely not what I agreed. So this morning I'm on the chat box again and being told, apologies but that the higher price is the price of the package. What on earth is going on? I cannot afford over £100. Do I just cut my losses and leave Virgin after being a loyal customer for over 20 years? Can anyone help resolve this?

8 REPLIES 8

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gypsycat,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that; you have not had the deal added as advised. When you negotiated this deal, did you accept the price of the package at the time of the chat?

We're you sent copies of the contract with the price agreed to your email address.

Unfortunately, we don't deal with package changes or contract renewals from our community forums. If you want to re-negotiate a new contract deal you will need to speak with our retentions department on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1,4 then 4 again.

You can also check our existing customer deal here https://virg.in/existing

If you're able to provide a screen shot of the deal that was offered, we can investigate this for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Where can I send the screenshot?

You can post it on here Gypsycat,

Just made sure it's redacted to edit any personal details, (name/address/account details etc)

Once we have this, we can then investigate this further for you. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Gypsycat
Tuning in

Screenshot_20230904_134918_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20230904_135056_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Screenshot_20230904_135153_My Virgin Media.jpg

Numerous prices and not clear exactly what I'm supposed to be paying 

Screenshot_20230904_135509_Email.jpg

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Gypsycat.
Thanks for reaching out to our help forums and for your posts and replies.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your package changes and price/bills, as well as the confusion caused over the previous communications with our text support team previously in regard to our monthly rates for your services based on your recent agreement.

We'd love to help where possible, in order to have a look into this and advise more I will send you a private message here shortly.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs