cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package changed but not authorised by us

nimagraven
Joining in

Hi,

I've just had an email sent where our package has been changed and said that we made the changes - even to the point that in the account it says that we accepted the contract.

We didn't make the changes and the account hasn't been compromised.

Can you look into this please?

Many Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post up a redacted copy of this email? Please obscure any personal & identifiable details.

Was there a PDF file attached to the email?

I'm trying here, to check some of the more obvious things that a spam-email would fall foul of. Just to rule that out. The forum staff should be able to check from an account side when they respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi nimagraven,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you've received an email advising you of package changes that you have not authorised.

As our valued member @japitts has already suggested, would you be able to send us a copy of the email received, removing any personal details. This way, if it is a phishing email, we will be able to get this flagged for you.

I would be happy to take a look at your account for you and check your package, alternatively, you can log in to your online account here. https://oauth.virginmedia.com/as/authorization.oauth2?scope=openid+web_myvm&response_type=code&redir...

Please let me know if you would like me to check on your behalf.

Kind regards Jodi. 

It's not a phishing email as it was also inside the actual account when I logged into your website under "Check your contract details".

nimagraven
Joining in

It's good to know that I'm not alone then but I find it suspect on VM's behalf that they say we accepted a package change as it shows as a contract we accepted and requested.

My best guess is they've renamed some of the packages but they shouldn't have sent it in this manner without any actual communication of what's going on beforehand.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nimagraven, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I would be happy to take a look at the account to understand what has happened. To do this I will just need to pop you over a private message to grab a few details. I will send the message now and you will be able to access it via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat