Menu
mbhocking
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Package change

So I do the usual merry go round of cancelling as my contract is about to go up. Offered a very small reduction, say no & proceed to cancel knowing full well what happens next.

...2 days later, retentions ring, offer me an upgraded internet speed (not asked for) and a price just below my current price (ie same as for new customers). We have 3 boxes btw.

...noticed after about a week, one of the boxes is showing a 7400 error. After 3 calls and 2 hours on the phone, they tell me my contract is only for 2 boxes not 3 & that I will have to pay an extra £5 pm for the 3rd box.

I have tried, really tried to explain my contract before was for 3 boxes and never at any point when I was offered the deal to stay did they say it would only include 2 boxes but I am getting nowhere.

Honestly, I know Covid has impacted customer service for many but VM has the most disorganised, frustrating and unhelpful customer service of any organisation I have ever dealt with. 

Their great cable speed is the only reason I stay but even that is making me think twice. Awful.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package change

Hi mbhocking, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the package. We do not do package changes here as this is a technical forum. We would ask that you call us on 0345 454 1111 and speak to the customer relations team who will be able to review the package for you and offer the best possible deal. They can also be contacted via the text team on  07533 051 809 ^Chris

0 Kudos
mbhocking
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Funny that, customer services says its a technical issue, the technical team say its an account issue.

Either way, its impossible to get any sense out of either of them. I have been trying via the text support function for 4 days, I gave up trying to do it via the phone after about 3 hours.

Useless doesn't begin to cover it unfortunately.
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

From reading this this would be an account issue and you would be able to add the 3rd box for the £5.00. The error code is more of a technical issue and this code happens when the box has not been activated. Can you call the activation line on 0800 953 9500 so that the activation can be done. Chris

0 Kudos