Menu
damofitz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Package change nightmare

Hi, I recently changed my maxit package to the Oomph bundle after being sold it via chat. I said it didn't really benefit me as I already had a virgin sim which was unlimited and was informed that I could take this over with me as well, saving me the line rental, which made more sense. I asked all the questions i could about billing as I was conscious I had recently paid my mobile bill, I was told it would go over on my activation date with the rest of the package and any difference billed, was about £8 difference. Suddenly today, I can see pending charges for my mobile bill online and have been on chat trying to sort it out. After over 5 hours on chat, I am informed that the phone won't go over until 12th Feb, nearly a full month after everything else. 

I am grossly unhappy with this as I would not have bothered if I had known as I now have the new package to pay for and a month an a half of the mobile bill for the old package. The agent never mentioned this, he said it would all go over at the same time. I have the chats saved but am told that, really sorry but nothing can be done. I believe I have therefore been mis sold the package as I wasn't given the correct information, checked the credit agreements and new contract, no mention of the 12th Feb, everything indicated it would all change together on 19th of Jan. Getting through to anyone on the phone is currently nigh on impossible, I have two chats open, one on the website and one on the app and still am unable to speak to anyone to complain. Managed to get someone from the upgrades/ sales team as they seem to be the only ones working but are obviously limited in what they can do.  Would like to know what my options are. I also have been doing speed tests daily since the package speed increased as found the Internet seemed slower and am only achieving the minimum guaranteed speed half the time with the same hub. Was told that even though it shouldn't be worse, the WiFi pods which I was told were available to me free as part of my package may fix this, but am now told they don't have them till at least next month.  

I understand we are in a pandemic and everything is moving slower than usual for those reasons, but spending half the day on chat for an issue that wouldn't have come up if I was given the correct information and still being unable to resolve it as the right teams aren't available isn't on. If you can't fix faults or listen to complaints then you probably shouldn't have agents selling products on your behalf with false promises and incorrect information. The only reason I have had the time to complain is due to being on furlough else who knows when I'd have had a chance

0 Kudos
damofitz
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package change nightmare

Screenshot_20210125-162705_Virgin Media Connect.jpg

Are you actually kidding me, I have no problem with cancelling but would have liked a bit of clarity before you went ahead and ended the chat.  I have no idea what has been done to my package now and am on hold with yet another chat team, one that I have been on hold with for hours already without reply. Does this mean the mobile is cancelled, am I dropping back down to the maxit, are you sending my old equipment back, am I being charged early cancellation, do I need to start returning phones and shopping round for another provider?Absolutely disgraceful!

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello damofitz,

Sorry to hear about what's happened 

As a rule we can help with billing issues and clarifying accounts etc

Any actual changes that are needed is a biy beyond us
But I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
bikerz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

what a disgrace VM!

just can't believe how customers are treated - i really do think there are two customer pools in VM:

- "you are lucky one" where ppl get things done, little/no issues (like me🙄)

- "f£$k off rest of you" and they are literally ignored

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello bikerz

Thank you for your post 

Would it also be okay to ask you if I can help 

Can you explain in a bit more detail what exactly is the issue 

That way I can do my best to help 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
bikerz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i'm good as i'm in the 'you are lucky one' group and simply commenting. just can't comprehend how badlyt VM customers are treated
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for those details damofitz

I'm going to have a look at everything for you now

Gareth_L 

0 Kudos