Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Package Change Charges

I'm pretty furious right now.

I moved house and switched over my Virgin Media broadband and tv. Usually my bill is £83 for the tv and internet. I saw there would be a £20 moving charge- fine.

The bill came today and it's £177, with £85.77 Package Changes charged. I rang up and was told that this is due to me closing down one account at the old place and opening a new account, which meant I have to pay a month in advance- at no point was I told this. I didn't even know it would require closing and opening my account. I thought I was just moving house. 

The website says it costs just £20 to move. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home-faqs 

If this happens when I open an account I asked then surely we would be refunded £83 from closing down the old account. We have been credited £11 from the previous month/account but then were has £72 gone?

Also why £85.77? Surely it should be £83? 

I asked if when I close this account- which I'm really tempted to now - will I be reimbursed this money and she said she couldn't tell me as the bill is generated when I close the account. It'll probably say I owe a thousand pounds. 

It's even more infuriating that we were actually without service for a week and half due to their being no help during the lockdown. 

Is this right? Because it feels really shady and wrong, and I'm really angry. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Package Change Charges

Ah dang. It turns out that in the move across we weren't charged last month and that's where this big bill has come from. Whoops! 

0 Kudos