cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROOF OF DEFAULT SETTLEMENT

Avril73
Tuning in
Hi hope someone can help.

I had a default on my credit file for a virgin media final bill registered 30 Sept 2021 for £41, that Was disputed, as was unaware of due to moving addresses. So I never had indication until required to send broker my credit file. This was settled on the 20.05.2022 with zero balance confirmation (KMM91262610V59912L0KM)

In requirement for my mortgage the lender requires a written response from you (virgin) the provider and can be on email with:

•The default has been paid

•The settlement date

•The default date

•The default balance

•The account Holder Name

•Identity of account (Account number)

•There is no outstanding balance due

I've contacted the following email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk, which I have emailed asking this same question but they say there is a 21 day window to reply. I'm afraid I don't have that long to wait and will lose the property me and my 72 year old mother are moving into as I am her carer after my Father passed away. 

Thank you so much in advance for your help on this matter. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Avrill73,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the default showing on your credit file.

I will send you a private message now, so I can help you further.

Please look out for a purple envelope, at the top right corner. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Avril73,

Thanks for confirming your details to me.

I am glad we have a plan of action, I will update you as soon as I can.

Have a lovely rest of the day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

Sorry to message again. 

I have sent you a private message as there has been a further development regarding my move and I am desperate to get this matter sorted asap. I have not heard anything and 21 days lead time is just too long. 

Please read as soon as you can.

Kindest regards

Avril 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Avril73, 

Thank you for your post. 

Hayley is not available for the rest of this evening but she will pick up your message when she is back on shift. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Nat

Thanks Hayley has contacted me.

I am desperate to have this matter sorted. My buyer has to exchange by the end of the this month and if we don't I am afraid it will fall through.

Is there anyway you could contact the response team and explain my situation - the email will take minutes to write so I cannot understand why I have to wait 21 days for a response.  When I settled the outstanding payment back in May I was promised, by Virgin,  a receipt of payment to confirm this matter was resolved but I never received anything.  

I would be so grateful if you could help me in anyway possible.

Kindest regards and thanks

Avril 

Avril 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Avril73,

I appreciate and understand the importance of getting this resolved. As you've been in touch with Hayley via PMs, can you please reach back out to her there, so we can look into this further?

Unfortunately, the Credit Amendments Team do have their own timeframes, and policies in place and there is only so much we're able to do to speed up the process. Alternatively, if the balance is still reflected on your credit file, you can raise a dispute directly with them and they may be able to remove/clarify these details sooner.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ