cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpaid

Felixreese123
Joining in

Hi  there. Me and my friend moved out of our university apartment in July and for some reason  we are still paying  virgin bills. We are not sure how to  go about posting the kit back and assume this may have something to do with it. If you I could receive a private message then I’ll be happy to supply you with further details. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Felixreese123,

Thanks for posting this question on our Community Forums, I am sorry to hear about this situation! 

Can I ask if you called our Retentions Department to cancel the service before you moved out? 

This would be the correct process, otherwise as @jpeg1 mentioned, we wouldn't have known you did not need the service anymore and we would have kept billing you. 

If you have not called to cancel, then there may be an overdue bill to pay on the account as it's been left to run over. If this is the case, then we would recommend giving our Team a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 and they can take a payment to get the account closed down.

We're not able to take payment over the Community Forums, however if you still need help with this we are always here to offer some advice if needed 🤗
Please let us know how you get on and if you need further help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Did you contact Virginmedia to cancel the contract? Otherwise they will not know you have left. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Felixreese123,

Thanks for posting this question on our Community Forums, I am sorry to hear about this situation! 

Can I ask if you called our Retentions Department to cancel the service before you moved out? 

This would be the correct process, otherwise as @jpeg1 mentioned, we wouldn't have known you did not need the service anymore and we would have kept billing you. 

If you have not called to cancel, then there may be an overdue bill to pay on the account as it's been left to run over. If this is the case, then we would recommend giving our Team a call on 0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 and they can take a payment to get the account closed down.

We're not able to take payment over the Community Forums, however if you still need help with this we are always here to offer some advice if needed 🤗
Please let us know how you get on and if you need further help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Megan thanks for the reply. I have tried calling virgin but only ever got through to automated responses. The one time I got through to somebody they hung up the phone mid call. 

will I have to continue to pay or will I be refunded for the months it’s gone over 12 month period.

It hasn’t been used since July so I’ll feel very hard done by, I’ve had to continue to pay bills since then and when I answer the virgin calls they offer no help whatsoever.

really hope you can assist me, thank you  

will I be reimbursed for what I overpaid by any chance Megan? Or do I have pay whaatever fee is left over 

Can you please give me a contact number where I can speak to a human and talk them through the circumstances instead of an automated answerphone. Thank you very much 

Hi Felixreese123

I will send you a private message now so we can help further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide