cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdue payment

topcat1600
Joining in

Hi all, it's all a bit embarrassing, my bill is due on the 12 May however I will only be able to settle it when I get paid on 27 May. Was wondering what are the chances of my broadband being disconnected due to non payment ? WFH from tomorrow so would like to avoid it. Don't mind the extra charge if there is any, just worried my service may be restricted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @topcat1600 

You should be OK providing it's paid before the next bill is issued, however for peace of mind have a chat with the Collections team on 0800 952 2302 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It might be worth asking if you can amend your billing date to the 27th or 28th. I can't comment on whether this will actually work but it might be an option. 

If you can, it would avoid any late payments fees/late payment markers to credit agencies.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey topcat1600,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

As newapollo advised, please speak to our collections team, who will be able to advise further on this issue.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

topcat1600
Joining in

Big thanks to all that took time to reply, love you all people 😉

Now, I have spoke to bereavement team explaining our circumstances to be forwarded to collections which was perfectly fine.. however the guy on 03451424444 line asked at first for a £15 payment, and then for at least £10 payment in order for our Broadband to not be disconnected on the 23rd as that's when the next bill is posted/due not 100 sure. Anyways this doesn't seem like a good customer service as we've been with Virgin vor 11 years and never missed a payment until now. Please note our promise to pay is on the 27th. Genuinely thinking of moving the providers as there are plenty of options here in central Edinburgh

topcat1600
Joining in

just to add I have made them aware I am working from home and cutting off the broadband would cause an hardship

Thanks for coming back to us topcat1600, I'm sorry that you haven't been left satisfied by the resolution from the collections team, would you like to raise a complaint about this, so that it can be investigated further.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

topcat1600
Joining in

I think it ridiculous for the collections to miraculously bring down settlement amount from £15 to £10 on the day our bill is due(23rd June - our promise to pay was 4 days later on the 27th)... disconnection was other option provided.

All this after 11 years worth of bills paid on time - 136 bills in total!

We have managed to raise funds to cover current bill and are moving to Hyperoptic, which is also turning out to be quite a bit cheaper as well.

Anyone reading this thread.. unless you are wishing a hassle of going through phone calls and then complaint procedures... best to forget and go somewhere else in order to avoid all this.. 

Hi topcat1600

Thank you for your further post.

If you would like us to raise a complaint for you, please let us know and we can send you a private message. 

I am sorry to hear you have decided to leave us. We wish you all the best with your new provider. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide