Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Overcharging

On 21 August my boyfriend (who is not the account holder) contacted Virgin Media to query how much it would be to cancel as there were consistent connection issues and as we are working from home this made it difficult. Due to the amount outlined £180.77 he said he would not choose this, Virgin Media subsequently cancelled our account with no email warning and without this being authorised by the account holder (myself).

Since then we have been overcharged consistently. Our contract stipulates that the amount per month is £39. However, since this mistake from Virgin Media we have been charged at a rate of £59 with additional charges amounting to us having paid this year (since our contract began in March) £558.77. Even though our total year contract worth is £468 (£39 x 12months). We have called multiple times, I have complained three times without this being addressed. I have had to cancel the direct debit as I have been assured on phone calls that there is enough credit on our account that I do not need to pay anything further, even though we kept getting charged each month.

We are now moving house and have been quoted that we owe £240 as early cancellation fees. No one is able to explain why this is the case, when my calculations evidence that Virgin Media actually owe us £25.77 for the year contract.

I am at my wits end, and I do not know what to do next. Any advice other than taking legal action?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharging

Hi EmmaFrost87

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the issues with the billing.

I'll PM you now to look into this

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos