Menu
habibrehman
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged!

I was hoping to get some help.

On the 25th March I was charged £34.99 although no further charges were due on my account, and the contract was coming to an end on 30th March. The £34.99 covered the billing period of the new contract 5th April to 5 May.

New contract started on the 1st of April.

I asked for the credit back of £34.99 but what they did was: 

£34.99 - £13.99 = £21.99 (which is the new contract amount) and gave back £13.99

On 1st of April they charged my £21.99 + £21.99, so the new cost of the contract and advance amount.

I've queried the £21.99 taken from March, but they are not acknowledging it or even trying to understand why they have kept £21.99 from March??  Or where it has gone or what it covers.

Ivs tried speaking to several advisors but just get fobbed off!!

I asked for a breakdown of the charges but all I got was my previous bills emailed to me.

Any suggestions on what to do next or how to resolve?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged!

Must admit I can't quite work out the dates and the figures, but...

It sounds like you've made a change to your package mid bill cycle. When you do that, pro-rata credits/charges are the way the change is managed on your bills. In other words, days of the old package not being used are pro-rata refunded, and you'll have a pro-rata charge in arrears for the new package. Then the first complete month in advance of the new package.

I *think* that's what you're describing, in which case that's normal process. The figures & dates, I can't get my head round at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @habibrehman

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the billing errors you are experiencing. I am sorry to hear this has happened, apologies for the stress and confusion.

I am going to send you a private message now so that I can clear DPA and go through a bill breakdown with you and see what has happened here.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner,

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
habibrehman
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply mate, so further info:

Old contract came to a end on 30th March 2021, but they took £34.99 from me on the 27th of March covering the period 5th of April to the 4th of May. This left a credit of £65.78 on my account.

They said the should have only charged me £21 so awarded me £13.99 credit. So I have paid £21 for the period 5th of April to the the 4th of May.

New contact started on the 31st of March and on the 27th of April I was charged the following for the period 5th of April to the 4th of May. 

£16.58 for my package - £4.42 from my credit of £13.99 because they under charged me (state should have been £21) = £9.57 credit left over.

I was also charged £21 for the period 5th of May to the 4th of June.

So, i have been charged twice for 5th of April to the 4th of May and once from the 5th of May to the 4th of June.

Credit left of £42.77

Is this correct?

Many Thanks 

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know @habibrehman.

I can see you are currently in a private conversation with one of my colleagues. We will aim to resolve this for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
habibrehman
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Im not in a private conversation with your colleague, i would appreciate some assistance.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me @habibrehman.

We want to do our best to help. I can see you are in conversation with my colleague Serena regarding this. She will aim to get back to you as soon as possible to best help in regards to this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos