Menu
ColinBeattie
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged

2 years ago I fell out with virgin as they kept over charging me. The bills were always incorrect not occasionally but every month. No one would listen. We were promised “management call backs” which never happened... we were fobbed off being passed around different departments. After multiple times of being lied to we decided to leave virgin after being told there would be no exit fees... then guess what..... we get a exit fee bill. There was no way I was going to pay this so virgin took it further. It ended up on my credit file. This wasn’t my debt so I wasn’t go to pay. I called and called spending hours upon hours being passed around and fobbed off again.

THEN 2 years later I get a letter:

Dear [REMOVED] 

we’ve recently taken a look at your old account and found a mistake.......

we attached a check for £116.80

WHAT ABOUT MY CREDIT FILE

WHAT ABOUT THE FACT I SPENT DAYS ON THE PHONE TO YOU

WHAT ABOUT THE FACT I NOW PAY A HIGHER APR FOR MY CAR BECAUSE OF YOUR MESS UP

Here’s hoping some one contacts me to discuss compensation rightfully owed.

old account number [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged

Hi ColinBeattie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I can only apologise about any issues you have had in the past with your credit file - as advised, all accounts that have been impacted did have a genuine default either from missed or late payments; the only amendment was the amount of the default which has now been resolved.

I do hope this makes sense, however, there is an email address on the letter you received to contact us further on it

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos