Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged on Virgin Media bill

What do fellow members recommend as the easiest and quickest way to get in touch with billing? I have tried phoning, only after an hour I got fed up with waiting. I've tried the help/chat page and sat in front of the computer for well over two hours. Maybe I can write in and use snail mail (which is quicker nowadays) ironic....   All I'm after is a £3.99 refund/debit - I was charged for something that wasn't me at all, didn't even understand what it was, a game I think.... no way a game would be requested by me or the wife and there's only the two of us here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Overcharged on Virgin Media bill

Hi jonesy21,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

To speak with the teams you can call in like you have on 150/0345 454 1111. We also have a text message service available via: +44753 305 1809

Here is our contacts page for all other methods: virg.in/VMcontact

^Martin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks for that... I decided to go with the live chat, I started at 11.26 and got a reply from Salman at Billing at 12.07 he finally managed to get me 'in' after the security check at 12.21 - I wrote my issue and never heard back from him after he said he would check it. At 13.19 I had a message from Tanuja asking me the same things at 13.19 at 13.21 she said I must have been on the Live Chat and now I'm on Messenger platform (I hadn't done anything)! at 13.23 I sent the details as I had done earlier...... at 13.27 I am informed that 'Okay, we've got your query etc etc . meaning I have to start all over again!  Its now 13.42 and still waiting....is this going to go on all, afternoon? Its no wonder there are so many complaints, if only they would put in as much effort as when VM are trying to get you to upgrade! This is all because of an overcharge of £3.99 - its a matter of principal now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can certainly appreciate the frustration with this. 

What I will do is private message you so I can look into this for you.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Martin, I might be getting somewhere thank you....I'm on a chat with Meghana who is looking into the account, she replied at 14.05 and maybe, just maybe, it will be resolved... might get it done before the three hour mark!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

nope, didn't work.... I am still on at 15.26 now chatting with the fourth adviser Karthik and it seems each time I explain my issue they leave the chat! I explain the problem and they say they will look into and then the chat ends and I wait about 40 minutes for the next adviser... 15.38 and I've had enough. The whole chat thing just doesn't work! why they can't see the whole chat and pick up from someone else, its madness, beyond farce and beyond frustration. I have copied the whole transcript.... the most ridiculous thing is the opening text...
'Okay, we've got your query. We will be with you as soon as possible. However, please be aware that replies from this service are not immediate, allowing you to get on with your day'.
What utter nonsense, you can't get on with your day if you are waiting for someone to answer??
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jonesy21,

I have responded to your private message concerning this. 

^Martin

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Martin for your time and assistance, all sorted and happy with the outcome. But over 4 hours on the 'chat' help line.... luckily I was able to send and receive emails on the phone whist waiting for replies....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I presumed you Martin, had sorted it for me (via PMs)... I had absolutely no luck with the help/chat facility, there seems to be a time limit which cuts one off from an assistant and the process then goes into a loop... which may explain the 3 assistant (Salman, Tanuja & Meghana) and the four hours that I was connected to it. I suppose the system allows an assistant a certain time to resolve an issue as otherwise the queues for people waiting will be even longer?
0 Kudos