Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged on 2 bills

For both August and September's bills I was overcharged by £3.50, for a total of £7. I spent a significant amount of time last month arguing this with the customer service team over the phone who had no comprehension of what I was saying and proceeded to act like I was some sort of moron. I finally ended up on a web chat with someone who said they had fixed my issue and the overcharge of £7 would be taken off this month's bill. Low and behold I have just had the bill and they have not taken off my overpayment so I am still owed £7 and now have to spend my time trying to sort it out again. This is ridiculous now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged on 2 bills

Hello Starkid86 & welcome to the forums, give them a call & query it as it's faster to sort out, the forum team can take a day or so to get to your post if you don't mind the short delay, I may be wrong but it sounds like the £3.50 is the annual price increase that has taken effect & not an overpayment as such, just that they've failed to notify you of the change/increase by letter, which they send out to every customer 4-6 weeks before it happening. Again, I could be wrong but that what it looks like, get confirmation on it when you speak to them.

Call 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or call 0345 454 1111 from any other phone Monday to Friday, 8am until 8pm Saturday, 8am until 6pm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's nothing to do with the price increase, I was aware of that. I agreed a new contract with them and they have overcharged me twice in a row. They even agreed they had overcharged me and said it would be deducted from this months bill but it hasn't. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to the customer service and no joy, they still act like I'm some sort of idiot who has no clue what I'm talking about. I literally have email evidence from them saying how much my bill was supposed to be each month until January, but still they say I'm wrong. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They now want me to text them to try to sort this issue out which I don't particularly want to do, is there no chat option to sort out my problem, I'm tired of ringing up and getting the run around.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Starkid86,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's been some confusion over the billing, I can appreciate this is frustrating. 

I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at it.

Get back to me when you can.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos