cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged and No Upgrade! Customer Service Didnt Help!

BirKy
Joining in

Hello,

I was previous on a contract where I pay 33.99 for M200 broadband and phone and this was due to run out this month. However in June i recieved a call to upgrade to a new contract with my broadband upgraded to M350, MIXIT TV and the phone. They assured me there were no additional fees and my monthly rate would just increase to 43. I was happy with this so i agreed. My bill for June came through at 63 and now my bill for july has just arrive at 57. To top this off, my internet package hasnt even been upgraded to M350 as I am still recieving M200. 

Not only am i grossly overpaying, I havent even had the contract upgrade I payed for. Other than registering a Complaint and contacting the ombudsman this forum is my final option to sort this out. At no point should my bill have exceeded 43. Junes bill shouldve been somewhere in between 33.99 and 43 due to upgrading half way through a month. Has anyone else experienced this / can anyone help me before I file a complaint. I have tried customer service and spent hours on the phone for them to say everything is ok with no explanation to why my speed hasnt been upgraded or what the extra charges were.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BirKy 

The following page explains bills following a package change.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/package-change 

Have you logged into My Virgin Media to check the bil?

It should be broken down to show the changes. It should also detail any package changes such as a speed increase.

You can also check your Contracts from within My Virgin Media, and again that will reflect any package changes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BirKy

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your package/billing. The link provided by newapollo should explain what changes to expect with your bill when upgrading. 

With the upgrade, were you due to receive any new equipment at all? 

Thanks 

Nat