Menu
Joe_foote
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged alot of money and VM wont agree to change

3 months ago I agreed to a reduced package. If you type in virgin media deals, within 5 minutes you can see the various prices and packages available. The person I spoke to said the bill would show a certain amount but I would be credited the difference.

This has not happened. I've been charged setup fees and a full monthly payments. Which is ALOT more than what I had agreed. My internet has cut off so I rang up to complain. I had to take a new contract in order to get the service back up and running so that I can work from home. But I have still been charged way over what was agreed for this 3 month period.

Feel very upset about the experience as a whole. The customer service team did not listen to what I relayed. Why would I agree to a deal that is exponentially more expensive than any number of deals within a 2 minute Google search?? I feel lied to. Has anyone had similar experiences or have advice on how I can get back money I am owed? I agreed to pay the minimum amount to get my service back up and running (still more than what I agreed) and have more to pay. Any ideas very welcome!! 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged alot of money and VM wont agree to change

Hi there @Joe_foote

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome a board, it's great to have you on the team!  

I am so sorry to hear this has happened! I am going to send you a PM so we can take a look into this and see what has happened. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen to alert you to a new message. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joe_foote
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was contacted by VIrgin Media on receipt of this forum post. I have been fully credited the amount of money I was owed. 

David and Ashleigh were very helpful via the forum. I would recommend anyone who has an issue or query to use the platform. 

Joe

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your time @Joe_foote,

We're happy we were able to help you have this resolved

Feel free to come back to us if you have any further issues with the services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn