Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged after moving home

So, I moved home on July 31st and set up Virgin myself instead of paying for an engineer visit. Was told that my bill will be reduced from the £83 monthly i was paying to £59 per month, and that i would also get Sky Sports free for three months.

Anyway, here i am 2 days before my direct debit comes out of the bank to find my bill is £129.71, and showing that from November 1st 2019 it will regularly be £90.75 monthly. I really feel like I've been lied to here, and several people i l know claim this is the reason they ended up leaving Virgin altogether. I've been a customer for 10 years and never had any real issues with billing but this seemingly overcharge is a complete surprise (and a problematic one seeing as i simply cannot afford that amount and budgeted for £79 (£59 monthly bill and £20 activation fee).

Is there anything i can do here? Is there a chat now option on the site because i find the customer service team to be very unhelpful most of the time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged after moving home

Just spoke to the guy on 'Customer service' line, to be told its a 2 month bill. That's ok, but why not any notice? His attitude was appalling, and I asked to put through to his supervisor but he refused. He ended up hanging up on me. That's the kind of people employed in customer service roles? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged after moving home

Hi gravyb0y,

We're sorry that you was not informed that when moving home, the first bill covers the first two months of payments and I'll get this fed back to our Movers Team so we can improve our Customer Services.

Do you have any other queries with regards to your account?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos