Menu
asim18
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged after contract change.

Hello there, I called earlier and got hung up on both times without any explanation.

My package was originally 54.50. I called to cancel in January. But few days later VM called back to offer me a package for £29 per month.

I accepted this package.

But today I have been charged £83...

If my original package was 54.50 then how can I ever be charged 83? Even if I had to pay an extra month at the old price I should not be billed more than £54.50 until the new £29 price plan gets rolling. Does this seem right or wrong?

January and prior bills: £54.50
February bill: £29.20
March bill: £83.34

My march bill should be at the new package price of £29 because the new contract states that it started on 28th Jan. So even if February was supposed to be charged at the old price, then March should be new price because its been well over 30 days since the new contract started.

To conclude, I think my march bill should be somewhere around £60 if you assume February was supposed to be charged at £54.50. There's no way March should be at the old price because I'm over 30 days into a new contract.

So yes if you look at my original package price and the new contract price it is clearly evident that I've been overcharged something around £23~.

So I would either like to have £23~ credited to the account OR a full explanation of why I've been charged £23~ extra.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
asim18
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged after contract change.

Also, I seem to have two active contracts on MyVirginMedia website.

One contract is the actual contract I signed up for at £29. It says it started on 28th Jan 2021 with 17 months remaining.

The other contract is completely unknown to me and never signed or accepted by me (even though it says accepted). It says 57.50 per month and it also started on 28th Jan 2021 with 17 months remaining.

Can you please clean up my contracts in my account so it only shows the one actual contract I have signed up for (the £29 one). And delete all other ones as they are incredibly confusing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
asim18
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've just had the chance to download and read all the bills and contracts in more detail. And can confirm VM has sent me the wrong bill.

The bill generated in January shows "Your package 54.50" which is fine. It says ""Your package" covers the period 01 February - 28 February" so the bills are generated for the following month.

The bill sent in February shows "Your package 29.00" which is fine. The bill sent at the end of February confirms the new contract details. All package details at the bottom reflect the new contract and are correct. it says ""Your package" covers the period 01 March - 31 March"

The bill sent in March shows "Your package 57.60". And now the package details are completely incorrect, the discounts have disappeared, even though last month's bill had the correct package details. It also says ""Your package" covers the period 01 April - 30 April"

In my £29 per month contract it says "Your contract started 28th January 2021". and February's bill for the period of March already reflects the new contract. But March's bill for the period of April is now wrong

I'm three months into the new package and I've been sent a wrong bill. The period 01 April - 30 April should not be 57.60.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @asim18

Thank you so much for your post to our Community Forums and I am so sorry to hear this has happened with your bill.

I am going to send you a PM so we can get this looked into. Please keep and eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner which will alert you to a new message received! Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
asim18
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your response Ash.

I was actually just on the phone to VM, who had a look at the account and confirmed this bill was an error. But when it was time to apply credit to the account and make sure next months bill is correct, his computer broke. He said he will have to fix it tomorrow. Quite bizarre.

I have answered the PM, hopefully your computer is working and you can apply the credit and fix the future bills.

83.34 - 29 = 54.34 so should be credited 54.34. And also if you could ensure all future bills are 29 I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos