cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overbilled, ignored and overbilled some more

jamesozzywatson
Joining in

Hello forum team,

Fingers crossed I can get a response here since trying to speak to the team on the phone is impossible, whatsapp Live Chat takes a day to get any response and my complaints email is now just being ignored. 

The saga started on February 23rd of this year where after some negotiation around the infamous price rises, I got this summary email which outlines my next few bills. You can see the breakdown here:

1. March bill of £87.00
  2. April bill of £87.00 
  3. From then onwards £49.02 in big bold font with a red box around it 😂

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 10.52.17.png

What actually happened was:

1. May I was billed £87.00
  2. June I was billed £87.00
  3. July I was billed £87.00
  4. August I received an email saying my bill would be £114.00

I was quite taken aback by that and spent the best part of 3 days speaking with the team on whatsapp and getting nowhere. The end result was they told me to "disregard" the email I got in February and instead they would open a complaint for me. 

Screenshot_20230829_105829_WhatsApp.jpg

It transpired that my contract had actually expired in July and I was moved to a higher rate in August - there was no email sent about this to warn me. Regardless, it was now upon me to negotiate a new package to reduce that ongoing bill - which is something the chat team could conveniently sort (ironic eh). 

During that process, I was told my August bill would not go ahead and a new bill would be generated. I double confirmed this with the team.

Screenshot_20230829_104046_WhatsApp.jpg

 Of course, you can guess what happens next -- I still get billed £114 in August. And the original complaint has been ignored. 

It leaves me in a position of 4 months of overbilling, one of which I should never have received. The communication has been atrocious and I don't know which emails to read, which ones to ignore, which ones are true and which ones are false.

Can someone please help me finally get to the bottom of this total mess?

James

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jamesozzywatson,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your billing and your monthly package price!

I'll be more than happy to look into this issue further for you and see what's happened with your bills. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you!  😊

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jamesozzywatson,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages. You should receive an email confirmation of the case closure via email.

If there's anything else we can do to help you today, please let us know. We're happy to help. 😊

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

jamesozzywatson
Joining in

Hey, thanks for your help so far. I thought it was over but there seems to be one last sting in the tail. I'll PM you 

Kind regards

James

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jamesozzywatson,

Thanks for coming back to me about your billing to confirm a few details.

If you need any further help, let us know. We're here to help if you need it. 😊

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team