Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Overbilled again

I joined Virgin Media under an offer for a Broadband, TV and Telephone package of £45 / month When it came time for the first payment at the end of January, I was charged £128.00 which included a monthly Service charge of £83.This we had been assured by email that we would not have to pay for the first 12 months. I complained then by phone and the issue was addressed (or so I was told) and we would only be charged the agreed £45/month.The following month (Feb 2020) I was again informed that the amount to be charged would be £128. I again complained and the issue was apparently changed and we were assured that if I made a one off payment of £46.44 on 16/02 then from that point on we would only be charged the agreed £45 /month.
On 02/04 I was informed by my bank that I was overdrawn because YET AGAIN Virgin Media had charged me £128.I was charged by my bank for the amount and time that I remain overdrawn.
I have just received an invoice that states that in a few days time I will be YET AGAIN overcharged and that Virgin Media will try to take another £83 out of my account.
I am a Front Line Worker running a Foodbank Distribution Hub from my Church and Pastoring an entire community online. Please can someone sort this out????????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overbilled again

Ive been overcharged and, like you, was assured my account had been rectified yet my bill is still showing at the inflated amount. Ive cancelled my direct debit so virgin can't take out the wrong amount and have just paid online what i actually owe. I'm hoping that they'll contact me to pay the extra amount and that it will then finally get resolved as i, like you, am a keyworker and dont have time to make repeated calls to customer services. Hope you get it sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there
thanks so much - yes I have stopped the Direct Debit - as far as I can make out, since I was last overcharged they still owe me another 2 months so I will just wait for them to contact me.
Stay safe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi CMD0316 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm very sorry for the mix-up regarding your bills. I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look at this for you. Keep your eyes out for a purple envelope in the top right hand corner.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I assume their accounts department will start chasing us when they don't get what they wrongly believe we owe them!! Its so frustrating and, whilst I'd like to give virgin the benefit of the doubt during this current crisis, i do believe its just down to incompetence and not caring about their long standing customers. My issue began because virgin somehow gave my phone line to someone else and i incurred all their call charges for 3 weeks until it was fixed. You really couldn't make it up!!

You stay safe too 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi again
So someone finally got back to me on this page - and they are planning to refund the amount that I have been over charged and have placed a credit for each month ongoing to term of the present contract which will hopefully bring it back to the amount agreed on the contract.
I have yet to see if this has worked but will monitor my Bank account to see what happens. If it works then great!!
I have also received a letter informing me that they tried to call me several times - not sure if this actually happened but I get so many calls every day I cannot always answer and no message was left. However, it has been addressed and in the end, it was dealt with surprisingly quicklynwhen the level of complaint brought me to this page. 
I hope that yours has been sorted out too?
Best wishes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Pleased to hear that things have progressed for you. Hope they are finally resolved as promised by Virgin.

I called last week, finally got through, was transferred and then they cut me off so I'm no nearer getting mine sorted unfortunately. My bill payment was due yesterday but it's showing I'm still owing money as i cancelled my direct debit so they couldnt take what they were charging me, and i paid online what i actually owed. So hopefully they'll start chasing me for what they think i owe and ill actually be able to speak to someone. It is beyond ridiculous now.

Thanks for letting me know how you got on, light at the end of the tunnel hopefully 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the community forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having billing issues. I've had a look at see what could be done to help, but it does look to be resolved for you, so just check to confirm is all is OK?

Thanks,

Corey C

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I finally managed to speak to somebody today and they've promised me that they've now resolved my bill, something i was told by customer service a few weeks ago had been done which hadn't! It's fair to say its not been a great experience with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I am so glad you managed to get through to someone. I had the same promises twice (Jan and Feb) so I am still going to have a look in my account when the direct debit is due to be sure. The problem seems to be some sort od disconnect. I am sure that they mean well, but the assurances have yet to meet up in the middle (where the money is!) Hoping it goes well for you this time
Best wishes 

0 Kudos