Menu
leshill
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Over charging

VM, explain to me why it is when having down-graded to a cheaper package on the 8th March you have today taken the original package payment again of £82.00.

Can you not get a simple think like charging your customers the right price right?

So not only am i getting poor service but you'd also like to charge me more than you should be doing for the poor service!

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Over charging

These "didn't get the deal I agreed" situations happen from time to time.  However, your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was promised, whether they like it or not.  I'll flag this for the forum staff, and hopefully they can pick this up and get it sorted - by which I mean that you get exactly the deal you agreed, not some less attractive compromise.  That will be the cheapest and quickest resolution for both parties, and the best way of trying to recover some goodwill in an unfortunate situation. 

If it doesn't get sorted to your complete satisfaction, there are further options (formal complaints, arbitration), but whilst these are highly likely to achieve the outcome you want, they involve more effort, and will be much slower.  So if there's a continuing problem we can advise on those options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello leshill

Sorry to hear this but thanks for bringing this to our attention

This sounds like the changes were made after the last bill was produced 

If you check the date of the last bill and the date you downgraded the package that will explain why you were charged the full amount 

If that is right then the refund due back on your next bill 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
leshill
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

just held for over an hour only to go into a loop in which the BOT keeps asking me the same question, i answer hold for agent but 30 second later it asks the same question. VM, this is not clever and only serves to p*** off your customers.

0 Kudos
leshill
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No you are wrong, since when does a billing period last longer than four weeks!

I said I down graded on the 8th March, its now 19th April, five weeks after the down grade so your explanation does not work, a bit like your service really.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Leshill

Can you please let us know what the next bill looks like 

Sadly as a Forum Team we are unable to deal with package changes

You can contact our messaging team on 07753 305 1809 to get this looked at 

Can I ask though about the service you mentioned not working

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
leshill
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I get at best a download speed of 33mb which they said was due to the wifi but i know the wifi should be 50mb capable and the package i have is 50mb. Now that's not the issue , the issue i have is having tried to upload a video file to OneDrive which was 340mb the entire transfer took some 10 mins which doesn't even measure out at the 3mb i'm supposed to get.

Prior to down grading from 100mb and removing the TV package speeds were fine as was uploads and that was over wifi connections. There's nothing else using the bandwidth so its not like i'm contending with other devices. The speed test from Virgin's own web tester confirms the 33mb download and 3mb upload but it all just feels vert slow now.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us @leshill.

I have looked into your account and can see that you do have some downstream power issues that would need to be addressed by an engineer.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos