Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Over charged

Fuming, just got my bill and it’s saying I owe 106 pound. Would’ve just gone to sky if I knew this was going to happen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over charged

Why are you fuming? What is the reason behind the increase? A well-documented contractual increase?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over charged

Nope not at all, I’m a new customer, had them for nearly two months. My package is meant to be 57 pound. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Worried

Genuinely concerned now. My new bill from virgin has jumped from 57 to 106. This is massively going to impact me. I can’t get in touch with anyone because there’s no phones being answered. I’m a single dad who is struggling because mum gets all the benefits. Wish I’d never gone with virgin now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worried

that will be the agreed price, Your contract was for that price with a £xx discount for xx months. That has ended so now your paying in line with the contract.

This will of been detailed on each of your bills telling you the discount and when it was ending

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worried

Send a letter recorded delivery, stating you wish to give 30 days notice to cancel the contract. Keep a copy of the letter and the fact it was received if you need to sue later.

If after 30 days, you're service is still active, cancel the direct debit. Send a cheque to the same address for any money you owe.

If they then black mark your credit file or pass on an assumed debt to a third party who attempt to chase an assumed debt. You can sue them in court.

0 Kudos