Menu
Muttznutz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Out of contract

I'm now out of contract,  so my reduced rate has now gone up. Am I able to terminate this contract and rejoin with one of the better deals for new customers, ie half the price of my current bill with over x3 faster broadband. 

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of contract

Views vary on how long you'd have to be "away" for.  Common guesses include one month and three months.  Bear in mind that VM have nearly six million customers, and have been in business for long enough to have encountered all the ruses, so although what you want to do is possible, if the company has any sanity they will have ensured that it isn't as easy as cancelling, and phoning up a day latter to rejoin.  There's a few possibly useful strategies in the link below that might help negotiate a deal, adapt them to your own circumstances.  

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/can-you-downgrade-package-without-using-the...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Muttznutz,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Have you spoken with the team to see if you can be put on a more suitable or better deal?

If you wish to rejoin as a new customer, you would need to be away for at least 90 days to be considered as a new customer. 

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Harley2017
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was due to be out of contact and “negotiated” a new deal and paying £15 less!!!! It’s worth trying negotiation. 

I have had a few problems regarding 360 and VM looking for an activation fee. I am currently awaiting a call back to resolve this.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Harley2017,

Sorry to hear that you haven't got your promised call back yet.

I have been unable to locate your account from your community profile, I would need to send over a private message, so that we can clear account security and we can look into this further for you.

I will send the private message over in a moment. 

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos