Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Out of contract

Does anyone know if it is possible to get through to an advisor in the U.K. or is it just India that are taking calls & texts regarding end of contracts.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of contract

At the moment you'll be lucky to get through to anybody, but from recent posts it seems that VM have adopted a split role model where "first line retentions" are dealt with by the same poor quality offshore call centre as first line technical.  If you refuse to discuss the matter with them and demand to be put through to the UK retentions team, then you might get lucky, but as usual with VM, they want as much as possible done by the offshore slaves, so you've probably got an equal chance of getting put through to UK retentions or simply being cut off, or promised the Mythical Virgin Media Call Back.

However, depends what you're hoping to achieve.  Of late VM have been caning the business for cash because they're trying to boost financials to get a better offer from potential buyers or merger candidates, like O2, and that's why, ignoring pandemic issues, the service is even worse than it has been for some years, why they're pushing even more offshore, and (most relevant for you, I think) they're offering minimal or zero discounts, even if customers threaten to leave and actually cancel.  So if you're hoping to renew a previous discount, don't expect much more than a couple of quid a month, and maybe not even that.  There might be a good deal if you agree to upgrade to an all singing, all dancing package including TV content and Tivo, highest available speed, phone line and a mobile SIM, and that might even save you money against your current deal over the duration of the discount, but check the details (duration of discount and minimum contract period in particular, and that the minimum contract applies to all elements of the deal).  Either record the call, or if done over chat then screenshot it, there's plenty of tales of VM's sales people promising one thing, and the paperwork saying another.  Obviously at the end of the discount you'll be back to VM looking to double your monthly bill, but at least you might put that off for another year or so.  if that doesn't sound attractive, perhaps time to investigate alternative ISPs, and see if your area is getting FTTP any time soon.  

But you've still got to get through to somebody to discuss this!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The calls all go through the same queue which isn't separated between UK and overseas. The first available Customer Service Representative will answer the call, regardless of their location.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please send a message to our team on 0753 305 1809 or via our messaging service on this link https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint and clicking the link titled ‘message us your issue' and the team can get this looked into further. Any of the agents that get your chat will be able to handle your issue or pass you onto the relevant team to be able to help you.

Regards

Steven_L