Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Out of contract package update

I received a no-reply email advising my broadband/landline package is out of contract, and that I would continue to be charged the regular full monthly amount unless I contacted VM to update my contract. The email included a few alternative package options for my consideration, including one the same as my existing package for £14 a month less than I am paying now. I attempted to phone VM to update my package, but could not get past the password question, as I have been a VM broadband customer for years without having to speak to anyone and have no record of the password that was set up at the outset - I tried a couple of possibles but failed and the call terminated. I tried to pursue this online via MyVirginMedia, but I don't seem to have any package update privileges, possibly due to my being out of contract (although still paying for, and receiving my broadband service). I need to speak to someone at VM so that I can complete a contract renewal, as I am currently overpaying for my service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of contract package update

Hi IanChas,

If you don't enter anything on the phone for your password then the call should still be picked up and the agent can ask other questions to verify you as the account holder.  The phone password is the memorable word you set up when first signing up to VM. It's usually something along the lines of mothers maiden name, first school, town of birth etc.  You can ask the agent to send you a reminder through the post.

If/when you do get through then I suggest you speak to retentions, the thinking of leaving us department, as they can probably place the regrade at the price you have been advised in the email or offer an alternative.

You could also try the text messaging service, but again they will need password characters so I advise calling again. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of contract package update

Thanks for your message Dave, I'll try phoning again or text if unsuccessful.