Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Out of contract and paying too much

Hi.

I'm out of contract and paying £41 for a 50Mb service with home phone.  I checked with Ismybillfair.com and found that new customers are paying £25 pm for 12 months, which equates to a £204 pa saving.

Perhaps someone from Retentions will be kind enough to contact me here, or via email as, to be frank, I feel insulted.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of contract and paying too much

Yes I have exactly the same problem they just don’t want to know 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Monad the forum staff cant arrange callback from other departments, would need to contact them directly..since this standard business practice charge you more when out of contract, if you have a chat with customer relations price will not be close to new customers maybe a few quid off monthly but tied into new 12 month contract.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monad,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page. 

Very sorry to hear you are unhappy with your package and price. Although we can't match new customer offers for you, we do have some great existing customer deals. If you give the team a call on 150 /0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 5, they will be more than happy to help you further with this.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In other words, you milk your existing customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is the standard model with most service provider's and isn't going to change anytime soon 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the utility regulators tend to be as soft as shyte.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"Yes, the utility regulators tend to be as soft"
In fact it is them that push the use of new customer deals.

New customers get deals that lose ISP money in the hope they will stay at the end of the contact to make some money.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same position, paying £51.50 for a service advertised to new customers at £33.00 per month. I phoned customer services who could only offer a reduction if I added a TV package!!! and then only a couple of quid lower.

I understand that this may be an 'industry practice' but after years of being that loyal customer companies rely on I'm not going to be ripped off any longer. If Virgin aren't going to give this existing out of contract customer the time of day it's time to go somewhere else. Perhaps if more customers were to do this the 'industry practice' would sit up and take some notice.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@tbba wrote:

I'm in the same position, paying £51.50 for a service advertised to new customers at £33.00 per month. I phoned customer services who could only offer a reduction if I added a TV package!!! and then only a couple of quid lower.

I understand that this may be an 'industry practice' but after years of being that loyal customer companies rely on I'm not going to be ripped off any longer. If Virgin aren't going to give this existing out of contract customer the time of day it's time to go somewhere else. Perhaps if more customers were to do this the 'industry practice' would sit up and take some notice.

who did you speak to - if anywhere other than UK retentions dont get involved 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

you can play the game - give 30 days notice and hope outbound retentions ring you - they dont always - but if they do and the offer is ok take it - dot ask them to ring back or log it - its a one time offer - if you refuse you are back on teh merry go round with retentions who wont have as good a deal

if all else fails leave and get a good deal with one of the other providers 

Tony
0 Kudos