Menu
ChloeRiya
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Out of Contract - Termination fee?

I am moving house this month and virgin is not in my area and so I called to cancel my account. 
When on the call it all went very smoothly and when I asked what the cancel date was I was told it can be any day of my choosing, presumably because I was out of contract. So I said the next day was fine for me, which was 26th Jan. 

Looking at my bill now the DD didn't come out last month oddly. So I owe last months fees on this months bill. But I have been charged a contract termination fee and it also states I added services and lists my loyalty discount?

I was expecting to clear one last bill slightly less than usual, as I cancelled mid month. 

Can anyone advise what these additional charges might be for? Thanks!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Out of Contract - Termination fee?

Hello

if the bill has already been processed on the system when you gave the notice, then it will have to be paid once paid when the next bill is processed by Virginmedia the difference will be sent to you in the form of a cheque and take upto 45 days from close of contract.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ChloeRiya
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, that does make sense as to why I'm paying a whole bill for last month instead of a partial one. 

I am still confused as to why I am being charged a termination fee though, is this normal outside of contract?

Screenshot 2021-02-14 135014.png

Kind regards
Chloe

0 Kudos
unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Outside of a contract period, no (with Virgin).

BT tried this game a while ago if you were out of contract and not transferring to another BT Wholesale supplier, but I think that has been nulled by OfCom now.

0 Kudos