cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Contract, Left for new provider, VM marked credit file.

LeeSon69
Joining in

So, I have been out of contract with VM for years and no doubt been paying over the odds for my monthly rolling bill.

In early August we lost all internet, this was for days which turned into a week. Engineer visited and couldn't fix the problem, a week soon turned in to 2 weeks  Still no service. I decided I'd had enough and switched providers. I told VM several times during the complaints procedure to many, many, many different people that I will not renew and will be leaving.

Resolutions team got in touch and agreed to disconnect my services. Refund my £65 from my previous bill and waiver an outstanding final bill of £13.05

I was asked if they could close down the complaint. I replied if I get it In writing and you do as you say then that is fine.

Fast forward to yesterday. I get a mark on my credit file for £13.05 missed payment. And am still waiting for my £65 refund. 

They have transcript of all phone calls and text sent via email of the online chats I've had.

I dont really care about the refund tbh. The mark on my file is what has got me mad. Any help much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LeeSon69 👋

Welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your experience with us, and this issue regarding your billing, a complaint and your credit file. 

I'd like to help get this sorted for you. To do this it will be best if we take a few account details via PM so we can take a closer look, offer support with the complaint and contact the credit file amendments team on your behalf. 

You can also log a dispute directly with your credit lender (Eg Equifax or Experian). 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LeeSon69 wrote:

Resolutions team got in touch and agreed to disconnect my services. Refund my £65 from my previous bill and waiver an outstanding final bill of £13.05

Just out of interest, did you get this confirmed in writing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I sure do!