Menu
KJD1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Out of Contract - Leaving Virgin

Hello out there

My virgin bundle is out of contract.  The offer I have been given is not attractive and costly despite phoning their customer services.   Has anyone tried to leave Virgin, and know how easy it is to switch to another provider?  Being a Key Worker, I don't want to be without an internet provider for too long as I work from home and it's vital I  keep connected.

Any help would be most welcome.

It's sad that customer loyalty doesn't pay.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of Contract - Leaving Virgin

The grass isn't greener on the side. I left Virgin about 5 years ago and went to BT.

The price hikes with BT were almost every six month, and got to the point where even after negotiating they wanted me to pay almost £80 for a poor TV service and much slower broadband.

I love sport and if wanted Sky Sports I was expected to pay an extra £33 for it.

After just under 18 months I took the opportunity of another price hike to leave BT and come home to Virgin Media.

So I would think long and hard about leaving because VM is actually bloody good.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you are adamant about switching broadband then it's best to make sure the new broadband is up and running to your satisfaction before cancelling the VM connection. OK, you may have to pay an extra month, but far better to have peace of mind and a backup rather than no connection.

I would also call VM again and speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us) on options 1,1, 4 as the offers can change from day to day and they have better deals than the normal CS reps

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello KJD1

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forums in regards to your package and decision to leave. It's disappointing to hear you are thinking of leaving us but welcome to the community.

Firstly we'd like to advise that we aren't able to make any package changes or arrange cancellations via the forums, we're here to offer as much assistance as possible and to point in the right direction.

If you're adamant you wish to leave, If you give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the cancellations team who will be able to look into this further for you. During the call they will look to see what offers are available at that time.

We're really busy at the moment given the current situation but the teams are working hard to get to all customers as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience during these difficult times.

Rob

0 Kudos
KJD1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Dave for taking the time to reply and your helpful comments.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos