Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Oops! Something went wrong

I'm trying to give you more money. I want to upgrade my broadband, but every time I try online, i get the following error:

Oops! Something went wrong. Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

I tried doing it over the phone. That call lasted over an hour and got nowhere. I then tried to do it through the chat system, that ended with the chat person telling me to call the number that I spent an hour on. 

And I can never do it online. Why are you making me trying to give you more money so difficult??? 
Also, and i just posted this on another thread, your website constantly signs me out. It appears I am not unique in this regard so the issue is clearly at your end rathter than the user end. It happens in all browsers on multiple devices. 

And finally, just tried to post this message and put "something went wrong" in the message tags. Error message is as follows: "he message tags contain went, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post."

wth?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oops! Something went wrong

Hi davedachef,

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

Unfortunately there's only two other ways to upgrade, text or phone. If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It's not instant and may take a few days

If phoning it's best to call first thing on a morning, 8am, as it's less busy then.  Dial 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, Options 1,1 and 4 Changes to your package

Sory I can't help with the website signing you out.

As to the forum message tags, I've had the same problem when speaking to staff in private whilst trying to order a wifi booster, the forum wouldn't allow me to type my password. I'm not sure if the people that run the forums can update the settings, I think they are probably set on a standard blacklist. I manage some online chatrooms and use their standard blacklist which is quirky to say the least, I can add words/sentences to be banned, but can't alter the preset ones unless I turn that setting off completely.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oops! Something went wrong

Thanks Dave,

appreciate the reply. i do have a discount, but it seems completely un-upgradable. Which seems ridiculous. 

Both the phoneline and the online chat have been useless. And the website doesn't work. Never known any company so reluctant to actually get more money from one of their customers....

0 Kudos