Menu
pasykes
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oomph Sim cancelled

Hi,

I'm half way through an 18month Oomph contract, which includes an unlimited Sim card (& have met all payments via DD to date).

Today I received a Text message to say that they're changing my Sim to a paid for 30 day unlimited Sim, as I have cancelled part of my Oomph bundle.

However, I haven't cancelled anything (have had no contact with anyone at VM since last summer), so rang expecting to have a mistake rectified, only to be told that this was correct - the unlimited Sim is being withdrawn for the Oomph bundles and I will have to pay for it separately from now on (they also acknowledged that I didn't cancel anything).

I pointed out that i was halfway through a contract, but was told I'd lost the free unlimited Sim, that this was correct and there was nothing that could be done about it. Furthermore, they weren't able to tell me the cost they were proposing for the new Sim, nor would they let me Cancel it at this time, saying that wasn't possible either!

Surely this cannot be correct - has anyone else had this?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph Sim cancelled

Hello pasykes, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

As you have stated you have not made any changes to the account, I would like to take a look from our side to see what's happening.

I will pop you over a private message to grab a few details now and we can go from there. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Yalliesalaiyah
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had exactly the same text today and I haven’t cancelled anything either!

any idea what is going on?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yalliesalaiyah, 

Thanks for posting to the community.

I would be happy to check your account to see what is happening. 

To do this I will also need to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. 

Head over to the purple envelope to access it 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Swf
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I got the same. But just now got this

We're sorry. We recently sent you an SMS about a change to your mobile plan from 29th May. Unfortunately you were sent the communication in error, we would like to reassure you that the change will not apply to you & you'll remain on your existing inclusive Oomph SIM.

Its a glitch. 

0 Kudos