Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Only 18 month contracts are available? 12 month contracts have been withdrawn?

Hello, 

Please could someone advise me if it is true that all 12 month contracts (especially renewals) have been withdrawn and only 18 month ones are now available?

If you have renewed recently, were you able to get a 12 month contract?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only 18 month contracts are available? 12 month contracts have been withdrawn?

i think the 12 months contracts stopped about the time ofcom forced new rules about customer deals on ISP. i guess this is a way for ISP to make up the losses

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Only 18 month contracts are available? 12 month contracts have been withdrawn?

Hi Gina1980,

The upside is if you do renew/regrade you will have peace of mind for 18 months, instead of having to contact VM again in 12 months time.

If you were to regrade there is nothing to stop you asking for a 12 month contract, they might agree to it?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Gina1980 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the new 18 month contracts. We have done this as a result from customer feedback, to align discount lengths with contract length, and to put us in line with our competitors. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos