cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Contract Renewal

JAH07
Tuning in

Hi,

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. A couple of weeks ago I logged into “My Virginmedia” and there was an option to renew my contract (which expires tomorrow, 27th July). The price was identical to what I’m already paying so I was happy to renew (Although I did notice that there is now an RPI price increase in April this time!). I went ahead and everything seemed to be going ok - I got a couple of emails saying the order had been received and this was the contract information sheet I received:

IMG_2391.jpeg

I kept checking my account to make sure that the contract had been renewed, but nothing. 

As it is getting close to the end of my contract, I contacted VM via WhatsApp today and I was told by the first agent that the offer was for new customers only - to which I asked if that was the case, how come it was available via MyVM, it had all my details including the amount I was paying. They then said they could do the same package for £101.00. I told them this was unacceptable. It went quiet for a few minutes and they then came back and said they could do it for £78.00. I wasn’t happy because of the fact I’d been offered £73.00 online and they were reneging on it, but for a fiver I was prepared, reluctantly, to accept £78. They then said they weren’t able to process this deal from their end and they would have to transfer me to a “dedicated team”. Two hours went by and someone else finally messaged me. After going through all the security checks *again* and explaining *again* what the issue was, they came back and offered me a package for £84. I asked what had happened to the £78 offer and they said that didn’t include the UHD addons. I was a bit miffed by this time so I said I wasn’t happy, I wouldn’t be accepting that offer and I would be ringing to cancel tomorrow. I also mentioned breach of contract and OFCOM but in their usual contact centre way they signed off with “Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with me. This has not been possible without you. Enjoy the rest of your day. Please keep safe and healthy. Bye for now. Cheers!”  
So, it went from £73.00 to £101.00 to £78 to £84 in the space of a couple of hours. If I hadn’t have been messed around and offered 4 different prices, I would’ve accepted the £78 and if I’m honest, I’d have probably accepted the £84 but by that time I was pretty annoyed!

What really, *really* annoys me though is we’ve been customers for over 20 years and every couple of years (well, every 18 months now!) you have to do this stupid dance with customer services to get a decent deal and every time you usually get to a point where you get a comparable or better price than what you’re paying. Why not just let customers renew every 18 months on the same terms (especially now they’ve added in the annual RPI increase)? VM then know they’ve got that customer tied down for another 18 months and if they do leave they charge their termination fees. Surely that has to be better than the current way of doing things?

Sorry for the rant and now I have to psych myself for the cancellation call tomorrow.

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JAH07 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've had multiple issues when attempting to renew your package. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of my screen.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JAH07 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've had multiple issues when attempting to renew your package. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of my screen.

Regards

Lee_R

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JAH07 

The package you are offered there is the same as the one I've been offered by email (still awaiting mine to take effect too) The only difference showing in your screenshot is that yours references BT Sports whereas mine says TNT Sports. 

The screenshot clearly states Sky Sports UHD and Sky Cinema UHD are included.

Are you currently on Ultimate Volt (the same as myself) ?  If so there are actually two differences to the current package - the new one doesn't appear to include the free netflix or additional 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @newapollo,

It is (was?) the Ultimate Volt package. We have two boxes in total and Netflix, for which we pay the extra £5 for Netflix premium. The mobile part of the Ultimate Volt package started off at £25 18 months ago. It’s now £32. In fact, I need to check that as well - will I need to renew that part of the contract too? 

tpmchugh
On our wavelength

Hi @Lee_R

I also was asked to renew my contract as I had been on a 30 day rolling contract since 2018. I was offered 25% discount on my bill bringing it down to £81. I decided t go ahead. I received in separate emails, a contract summary and a copy of the order with order number. This was in July. I awaited my reduced bill. This morning, 19th September, my bill arrived. It has details of a change of service showing a credit of 77 with then 77 added back on for new service but still charging me the old price. I checked my contract details online and seems nothing has changed. I rang 150 and after much hassle got through to a human. According to him there is no contract, I am still on 30 day rolling and still paying the same amount. What is going on. Has Virgin media completely lost the plot. I had hoped I would have a reduced price for 18 months and not lose TNT sports when they start charging. So am I on a contract or not

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tpmchugh 

Thanks for posting on on our community forum and sorry to hear about the mishap with your package.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs