cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of your vans left outside my kitchen window.

Your-Vans
Tuning in

One of your vans (YR17 BWG) has been parked right outside my kitchen window for 3 days. It has happened before in March this year when the van wasn't moved for 2 weeks. I don't believe the driver/franchisee lives anywhere near my house. The van is depriving various residents of a convenient parking space and completely ruining our street view. It may be that the van has been stolen and dumped, but I fear the guy has just gone on holiday.

I realise that there is probably no legal recourse available to me, but it is extremely annoying. Do you not provide a secure parking area for your franchisee's vehicles when on holiday? Do you not give any advice as to how to promote a positive image for your company? Can't imagine what Richard Branson would think. I'll start looking up his addresses shortly.

30 REPLIES 30

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

In no way did we deny it was one of our @Your-Vans - I advised that the registration number you have provided and what we can see on the picture is not listed on our data-base.

As such, we have forwarded your concerns to the Area Manager to see if they can offer any insight for us. 

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

When you say that "in no way did we say it was not one of our vans" (or something like that) could you explain your precise quote of "I have checked our data base of registration plates and unfortunately the one you have provided is not listed so on this occasion we would be unable to pass on your feedback - I do apologise."

OK, I think I understand now. You're just saying that your database isn't very good.

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I'm sure the drivers would prefer to park their vans near home rather than the "workshop."

But he isn't parked anywhere near his home. He's parked very very near my home. This is just part of the gig economy. It suits Virgin Media to allow their franchisees to dump their vehicles anywhere as long as Virgin don't have to pay the overhead. But eventually the company will realise that the amount of negative publicity caused by pissing off the local community just isn't worth it. Give your drivers a company car park and a taxi to the airport.

Virgin installers/engineers are not franchisees or self employed "gig economy" workers.

Unfortunately there is nothing to stop them from parking the van legally on a public road regardless of whether it is in front of your kitchen window. 

How do you gain the rank of "problem sorter"? Asking for a friend.

@Your-Vans wrote:

How do you gain the rank of "problem sorter"? Asking for a friend.

By answering peoples questions factually, on a consistent basis.

OK. I'll just send a quick summary of this thread to Lutz. Thanks for your helpful customer focused banter.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Your-Vans

Thanks for your reply and also your Private Message. 

We do not have any further updates to give on the van location. I am sorry to understand that you are not happy with the information and help you have been provided with on our Community Forums. 

The van is not parked illegally and is not breaking any highway code as per your own responses. If this changes, please feel free to let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team