cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On demand additional feature charge

jay9999
Joining in

Hi, 

I've just received my bill to find an additional charge for £6.99 for an On demand additional feature (18), however, l never ordered anything as l wasn't at home.

I never purchase any additional features through Virgin Media and have no idea how to find out the exact details other than the date it was purchased and the amount. 

Could you please provide additional information as l've been charged for something that l have not purchased. 

Many thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jay9999,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you have had a charge for an on-demand feature appear on your bill.

If you book any on demand feature you will need to enter your pin code to purchase this feature, before confirming your purchase this will need to re-enter your pin to confirm you would like to purchase once again.

If you haven't purchased this feature, does any other person in the property know your pin number?

We only ask, as these features have to be chosen and booked and a pin entered twice before you can view your purchase.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi, thanks for the reply. No-one else in the household knows the pin and there wasn't anyone in the house on the day. Can some more details be provided around what has been ordered and and what time as the order wasn't placed by anyone in the house.

Kind Regards.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

These 'additional feature' billing problems crop up regularly on here. Often several appear at the same time. Often the the customer advises no one was home at the time. Coincidentally, here is one such post which appeared yesterday

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Additional-feature-18-incorrect-bil...

Thanks for coming back to us jay9999,

We can certainly check your account and advise you what was booked and on what date. I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you, click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi jay9999,

Thanks for the private message. I have now adjusted the amount.

For future reference if any further PPV events occur and they have not been booked we will have to book an engineer to investigate why this is happening.

If no fault is found, you will be charged for the fault call out along with any PPV charges. 

We also recommend changing your pin number for future reference.

Kind regards Jodi.