Menu
dawny51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old router

Anyone help me was told to recycle old router just had a enmail to say for collect of old router can anyone help me please 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old router

This query should be in the 'Managing Your Account' forum as the VM staff don't reply on here very often.

The items VM want back are shown below. It advises to recycle older equipment if you can identify what type of hub you had

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

How did you get the information to recycle your router? If it was via a text or email and you still have a copy of that then you should be OK.

The charge for a missing Hub 3 is at the bottom here

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/priceguides

You are best advised to make sure you clarify and resolve the issue with VM though as there have been past mentions on the forum of VM logging debits for equipment 'owed' from past customers.

However, this does sound like a typical case of rubbish VM communication being told one thing by one person and another thing by a different person.

0 Kudos
dawny51
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recycle of old router

Old router 2 recycle because of customer services told me to do so as I update my package and had a new router 3 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recycle of old router

Hi dawny51,

You can enter your postcode on This page  to find details about local recycling centres

You could also check on your local council's website

Even though the hub 2 doesn't need returning, you could also  request a returns pack here  and when it arrives, send the hub back and let VM deal with the disposal.

Then use <<< this link >>>  to find the nearest collect plus store to return the hub.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have merged the two separate threads on this issue. Please do make duplicate posts in separate threads. Against Forum rules.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @dawny51

In regards to the hub, you're correct that the hub 2 does not need to be returned.  Therefore the advice given by our community members in regards to its disposal is excellent advice.  Please do get back to us if you do have any issues.

Regards

Lee_R

Tags (1)