forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Jonny1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old account

Hi im looling for some advise please , i closed my virgin media account about 3.5 years ago which i also paid off in full , some time after at my new address i recieved a letter stating vm had gave me a default , due to me constantly waisting hours on hold to have the phone call hung up i eventually gave up .A few weeks ago i received a letter of vm sayin sorry there had been a mistake and that they actually owe me money , which they sent a cheque for £176 . Im wanting to know were i stand as vm have financially ruined me for the past 3yr with this default as my credit file was ruiend , i was refused credit everywhere due to there mistake and wrongly defaulting me . Thanks in advance if anyone could help

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old account

Hello @Jonny1985

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post - I am sorry about any upset or confusion has been caused in regard to the credit we have sent you in regard to an incorrect debt on an account.

In regard to the amendments made to these accounts, there was an amount owed to Virgin Media and as such a default would have been added to a customers credit file regardless - this is the case with any missed or late payments - however, it has been found that the amount owed was incorrect and as such this is what has been adjusted. 

As per the letter customers have received, any and all amendments that are needed in regard to the default amount would be adjusted automatically for you and no further action from the customer is required. 

This is confirmed again on our dedicated help page regarding the issue - An update on your old account

Hope that puts your mind at ease.

Thank you 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jonny1985
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate the fact that there may have been an outstanding balance, my argument is that the default was placed on my acount as a missed payment and this was not the case - i paid what was asked of me at the time and due to this default i have struggler for the past 3 years to obtain any credit even been refused a house because of vigins medias mistake -Therefore the amount of 176 doesnt not cover what stress this situation has over me and my family for 3 years - i would appreciate a telephone call in reguards to this situation if this dorsnt not happen then i will take this matter further with my solicitor - i have also tried to contact you on many occasions been on hold and then disconnected to which is highly frustrating i want this matter resolved immediately as this is affecting my wellbeing

I look forward to receiving a phone call 

Jonathan Gaughan 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jonathan, 

I can only apologise about any issues you have had in the past with your credit file - as advised, all accounts that have been impacted did have a genuine default either from missed or late payments; the only amendment was the amount of the default which has now been resolved. 

We are unable to arrange callbacks from here I'm afraid but I would be happy to pop you a private message so we can chat about your account and billing situation in more detail once security has been completed. 

If you wish, a complaint can be logged, however, the resolution would be the cheque that we have sent you along with the amendments to your credit file as per the letter you have already received. I have located your account from your forum information so will pop you a Private message now - if you wish to discuss your account in more detail, please do pop me a reply.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
thewarners
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,   I have received a cheque in my maiden name,    I married in 2007,   How do I go about changing the cheque or it being credited to my current account

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thewarners, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Can I ask which is your preferred outcome?  And then I can give you the best advice.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos