cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Bill Dispute

ro2023
Joining in

Hello,

I have been looking through my credit file, and I noticed avantis credit have put a default on my account, I believe this is because I moved house in 2019 and to a different town it was regarding the router, I remember someone calling me saying they could not send anyone to collect as I moved to a different area, I then fell into financial difficulty, and am on a debt management plan I paid Avantis credit off through this, I am very certain also that not only this dispute I want to raise with them, I also believe I heavily overpaid on my bill at the time and was paying it even after I rang to cancel.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ro2023 wrote:

Hello,

I have been looking through my credit file, and I noticed avantis credit have put a default on my account, I believe this is because I moved house in 2019 and to a different town it was regarding the router, I remember someone calling me saying they could not send anyone to collect as I moved to a different area,

Hi ro2023  It's the usual policy for VM to send returns packaging so customers can then take the equipment to their nearest Collect+ store, and this method should have been offered to you

I then fell into financial difficulty, and am on a debt management plan I paid Avantis credit off through this, I am very certain also that not only this dispute I want to raise with them, I also believe I heavily overpaid on my bill at the time and was paying it even after I rang to cancel.

In regards to the credit default, you should email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

It generally take up to 28 days for them to look into, update and remedy anything they have done to affect your credit rating. 

If you did want to pay off the amount then you could call the collections team on freephone 0800 952 2025 however this wouldn't remove the default from the credit file.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @ro2023, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

Please do reach out to our credit file team on: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk and they will be able to advise regarding anything on the account.
Let us know how it goes with the team.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your replies, I have also sent a DSAR request and provided my id documents 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for the update - I assure you that once the team have this they will fully investigate for you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hello,

I sent the data team the relevant documents including my passport and driving licence, and they are now saying they want proof of old address? 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ro2023, thanks for keeping this thread updated on how things progress.

Sorry to hear we've asked for additional documents, our team knows best what's required in order to help with this credit file issue.

Would you be able to provide an old bill copy from when you were in this address or a bank statement dated back then which shows where you lived at the time?

Let us know how you get on with this too, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ro2023
Joining in

Its months later, and I sent a complaint to the email I have not received a response, I sent a letter asking Virgin to remove the marker and refund, but still no response.

I did eventually get the DSAR, and there are as I thought inconsistences which I made Virgin aware of, in the letter and the email

Hi ro2023,

Thanks for posting and sorry you're still waiting on a response to your billing query.

So I can take a closer look at things for you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm