Menu
Griever0823
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Old Account

I recently had an old account closed on Virgin Media and received a cheque for outstanding balances. The cheque is in my old name and I can't seem to get through to an actual person on the telephone to request that they re-send a new cheque in my new name. Is my only other option to send a letter to them or can I contact the Payments team some other way? The letter sent to me only has a return address on it and no other contact details. I cannot log on online as my account no longer exists. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old Account

Whilst waiting for the forum team to respond consider contact your bank to see if they would accept documentary proof of link between names (i..e a marriage certificate) to allow them to process the cheque.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Griever0823
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice but I'm already embroiled in a complaint with my bank regarding this as I have a few cheques from various people that are in my old name. I only changed my name recently but, despite having both my old name and new name in a Deed Poll and on their records, my bank refuses to acknowledge that and refuses to deposit the cheques in. I'm a shielder so going to a branch in person is not really possible at the moment.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Griever0823 and welcome to our community.

I'll pop you over a private message with some security questions for the account and if you could also please attach the proof of name change to this private message response as well. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Linseyt80
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i am also having the same problem i can't put it into my bank because my bank account is in my married name but the cheque is in my maiden name could some one please help
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Linseyt80,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that we've not been able to have the cheque sent out in the correct name.

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos