Menu
Josip
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Official complaint raised. No response.

In the absence of any response from Virgin I am posting my complaint here in the vain hope that someone will eventually deal with this issue.  The final straw was last Friday when I contacted Virgin hoping to chase up the official complaint raised over eight weeks ago. 

This is in relation to Complaint reference C-2002211285. 

I wrote a letter of complaint to Virgin Media on 14 February 2021, and received acknowledgement on 26 February.  The letter stated to allow 28 days to fully investigate the complaint.  It has now been eight weeks since I raised the complaint and no contact has been made by Virgin Media to attempt to resolve the issue.

I’m happy to post details of the catalogue of customer service failures, incorrect bills, disconnected calls, disconnected phone line etc but it’s a bit lengthy.

On 9 April I telephoned the Customer Services line and spoke to Emanuel.  Explained I wanted to speak to a manager.  No manager was available.  It was 3.30 Friday afternoon, none would be available until Monday.  Emanual took notes of the issue and emailed his manager Terry and I was promised a call back by Terry on Monday.  No call has been received.  Another broken promise and disgraceful customer service. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Official complaint raised. No response.

If 8 weeks has elapsed since your complaint, and VM have still not resolved, then you now have the option to go to CISAS

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/complainnow/

Check the link to see if your specific complaint will be covered.

The CISAS route may not be that quick itself and, once the complaint has gone there, VM won't deal with you directly until it is resolved.

You might like to give the VM forum team a chance to see what they can do to help. They can often be more effective in helping than other VM customer support channels. They normally respond within a week and often more quickly.

Josip
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Goslow.  Thank you for that.  I'm aware of the CISAS option but have noticed that VM forum members can and do intervene.  If that happens great.  Pity the proper channels couldn't. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Josip 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that your complaint hasn't been resolved as of yet, Would you be able to elaborate what the complaint was regarding? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Josip
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zac,

Thank you for responding.

In summary, late last I agreed a new contract, then was overcharged.  This year on multiple occasions I was transferred to someone else but no one answered or the phone line went dead, or put on hold by representatives, they never came back to me.  Promises someone would phone me back, no one did.  Previously at an end of contract re-negotiation I was talking to the representative (very positive, very courteous) when my phone line went dead.  The telephone line had been completely disconnected. 

I’m happy to post the full complaint here or I can send privately a copy of my letter to the Complaints dept and provide full details of previous issues.

Thanks Josip

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me with this information @Josip 

Can I ask, was the aggreged price negotiation confirmed via a contract or was it just over the phone? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Josip
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The overcharge relates to a conversation with a Virgin representative 11 Oct 2020.  A new contract was verbally agreed at £57 per month.  The contract confirmation email however stated the monthly contract would be £60 pm with a reduced charge of £47 the following month to cover credits.  I was charged £60 on 28 Oct and every month up to February.  (new contract agreed after then).     In subsequent conversations with VM reps they acknowledged they could see notes agreeing a new contract charge of £57 recorded on the system.  However no one has been able to do anything. 

Regards Josip

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for coming back to me. 

So that I can look into this further,  I am going to pop you over a PM. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Josip
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just a note of thanks for Zac who took ownership of my complaint and I can confirm it has now been resolved with Zac's help.

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the feedback, 

I am really glad we managed to get it resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M