cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered a renewal price for same package, then price jumped

dar2008
Tuning in

Hi, 

My contract is up for renewal on 1-Apr-2023. I contacted your WhatsApp service earlier today, explained I was happy with my existing package, and was offered an 18month contract to stay on that same package for £58 a month.

I said yes.

However, when the paperwork came through on email, I queried no mention of Sky Sports (which is part of my existing package). 

This led to a revised 'offer' of £79.75 a month, which represents a 26% increase on my existing monthly payments, for the same package I'm already on.

Needless to say, I am very unhappy about this. 

image0.pngimage1.pngimage2.pngimage3.png

4 REPLIES 4

dar2008
Tuning in

My WhatsApp conversation continued, with an offer of £77 a month, to which I said "no", and then a further offer of £72 was made, to which I haven't responded. That was at 3:01pm this afternoon.

Now, at 4:47pm, I have just received an email from VM saying my new package is "All Sorted" and goes on to say you've removed Sky Sports!?

No, it isn't 'All Sorted' - I did NOT agree to this. 

Your representative offered me an 18month contract for £58 a month for the same package I am (was?) already on, which includes Sky Sports. 

Please can I ask for someone to look into this? Thank you in advance.

image11.png

Email.JPG

This morning, my March bill was showing as £63, payable on 1 April, the final bill of my existing contract.

Now, it is showing £113.73 for a contract I have not agreed to, anywhere.

This is getting silly, please can I ask again, for someone to look into this for me. Thank you.

Revised Bill.JPG

dar2008
Tuning in

Just an update, having spent another 2hours on WhatsApp, finally I have been told they will honour the £58 quoted for the ‘same package’.

Virgin Media, I politely suggest you need to sort out the renewal process, it’s far too stressful for people to have to go through this every 18months. It really shouldn’t be this difficult to do.

Hi there @dar2008 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue regarding your package but I am so glad that you have now been able to sort this with the teams. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance and we will do all we can to help.