Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

OOOMPH package

The impossibility of resolving a problem ....

I ordered an oomph package in March BB and sim . Broadband installed fine .

OOmph sim not arrived and I have now been paying for 3 months . 

I have made countless call and chat messages. Usually at some point some one sas  that Virgin will definitely  call me back in 24 hours ; asks for my mobile no .( which of course I do not have because I don't have a sim card   .

Anyway yesterday 9 after 2 months of trying to sort ) some one said that my sim woudl be sent in 2/3 days  , dela due to cornavirus and someone would ring me in 24 hours to discuss refunding me for the money  that I had paid for said sim. 

I had been delaying moving my landline to virgin so went ahead ,,, was rather astonished that they wanted another £35 activation  ..but nothing like so astonished  as today I realise that Virgin intends to backdate to March payment for  a landline + anytime calling for a line  that will be installed in June . 

A reply will come to this message saying that I can contact a dedicated oomph team on 0345 454 1111 and all my problems will resolve . Well I do not know which option they mean I have tried virtually all and waited hours .  

I really am past understanding what I can do to get anyone to sort this out. Please could someone at Virgin help me sort  .  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: OOOMPH package

HI Katiebarttelot, thanks for messaging us. We are sorry to hear that the sim has been delayed and we are happy to hear that it has now been dispatched and can you let us know when this is received. Once received we will be able to look at the refund for you ^Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

well it's Wednesday eve and sim has still not arrived; My amended contract taken out last week is back dating payment to March for landline which will not be installed until next week. and I will be charged yet again for a sim I do not have. I can be contacted easily by email, whats app , landline , zoom , skype, facebook messenger . I will even reply to a letter . ...but please could some one just help me sort this out .
( I cannot be contacted by mobile because ....I will let you guess )

I just cannot listen to that music again, type m account no in again , give digits from my password again ; I do not want to get annoyed with perfectly nice people on the phone who have not got the tools to sort out the problem. I do not want to get annoyed any more . Please please can you just help me sort this
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Katiebarttelot, we are sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the sim and want you to get this resolved. Can you confirm when we stated that this would be dispatched? We are glad to see that the landline is getting installed. Was the sim ordered in the last 3-5 days? ^Chris.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The sim was orginally due March 24th ;

I have been chasing since beginning of April 

I was told that it had been despatched 8th June and that it would take 2/3days to arrive .  

The problem is not just my sim though ; it is that I am being charged for a landline from March 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Katiebarttelot, the sim will take 3-5 days, it should be with you either tomorrow or Monday. You mentioned that you have been paying for a landline since march, is this regarding a fault or a delay with a number port? ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Chris,  

• On 6th June I  ordered the landline and unlimited calls  to be added to current oomph package of BB and sim  ( which had started on 16th March)
  • I agreed a new monthly charge of £54  to include anytime calls  and to pay again an activation fee of £35.
  •  I am being charged another  activation or installation charge of £35  ; engineer does not have to visit as I said to agent at time  as the phone gets connected to hub 3 .However I agreed charge of £35   not the £35 + £30 that the agent  suggested and the agent agreed to credit £30 .
  • I am being charged £136.50 on 18th July . 
  • £54 + 35 + 15 = £104   I can understand ( providing the change happens on the 19th June and assuming I had a sim card ) . The other £32.50  seems to be back dating the increased bundle charge    .
  • As I write on Friday eve still no sim card  ... 3 months waiting and chasing  

Katie 

Here's how your changes take effect:

Service changes were made to your account on 19th June 2020

These changes will take effect* from 19th June 2020

Your next bill will be £39.00 and will be created as normal on 18th June 2020

The following bill will be £136.50 and include all credits and adjustments based on when the changes took effect, this is due 17th July 2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Katiebarttelot, thanks for contacting us and this is not the service which we want you to have with us and want you to get this resolved. We will send you a private message in order to look at resolving this - Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No sim car arrival on Monday..wish I could say I was surprised
0 Kudos