Menu
Highlighted
Username999
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Numerous Bill complaints

I would like VM to acknowledge this complaint please. This is my 4th complaint.

However, before I detail my complaint I would like  to request that VM to take immediate action to restore my lost services, credit my account by the cost amount of my package for 1 day which I have lost which is approx £2.33. I will also be requesting a 'goodwill payment' in relation specifically to the contract breaking loss of connection, this amount will be the standard connection fee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Username999
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Numerous Bill complaints

During the summer of 2019 I moved home. I considered a number of different providers for my TV, Broadband and phone lines in my new home. However, I was impressed by the service Virgin Media offered, I was a customer for 15yrs and had been offered a good deal to stay and renew my contract.

The deal I was offered was TV,Broadband and phone at a discounted rate of £72 per month, (the standard rate being £103 per month).

I then had the following contact with Virgin Media:

12 July, by phone. Confirmed the date of installation of my services and that my bill would be £72pm. This was around 3pm.

16 July, my services were installed. The paperwork that was provided by the engineer stated my package cost would be £103pm. I called VM at 4.05pm on 16 July who confirmed that a rolling credit was applied to my account and that and would get a bill for £72pm.

10 August, I received my first bill, which was incorrect (showing a package cost of 103pm) I called VM at 11.22am on 10 august. Confirmed to me on the phone that this bill is incorrect and advised that I should cancel my Ditect Debt to avoid this amount being taken out of my account. Advised I should pay £151.37 which would be the corrected bill and that the balance would be corrected before my next bill arrived.

23 August, by phone I paid my bill of £151.37 as preciously agreed and confirmed my Direct debit had been cancelled. I also confirmed that the credit had been applied to my account.and that there was no reason for future bills to be incorrect.

13 September, I recieved my 2nd bill. The credit I should have recieved from my first bill had not been applied and the package I was being charged for was still an incorrect £103pm. I again called VM at 2.15pm. I recieved further apologies and assurances that the credit would be applied to my account and my package costs corrected for the future. I agreed with the operater that I would call back to pay my bill late in September and asked that I be sent a correct bill.

24 September, my online account is still showing as incorrect. I pay my bill for the amount agreed as per my agreed pacmage and usage costs over the automated phone system.

24 September I complete an online complaint at 11am which takes me some considerable time to write. I am now very frustrated that I am having to undertake the administration of my own account for Virgin Media incurring considerable time and effort on my part. However, I do not recieve a notification that my complaint has been recieved and this I believed to be unreasonable.

24 September, I phone Virgin Media around 12 Noon and over the course of an hour long conversation ask for confirmation that my complaint has been recieved. I am told that I cannot contact the complaints team, nor can the complaints team contact me to do this. I am told the complainrs team will be in touch with me regarding my complaint, however the operater seems unable to undersrand that I am unsure if my complaint has been recieved and I need to ensure that it has been recieved to be clear that I will recieve a response.

Iam to this day unclear as to whether my complaint was ever recieved. It has not been responded too.

I speak to the senior customer services officer during this call and I am again told that the credit will be applied to my account and my package costs amended for the future. This is the 5th occasion that I am told that this error will be corrected in a little over 7 weeks. I ask that my call be logged as a complaint.

On 3 October I ckeck the VM app and see that my bill remains incorrect. I am now showing a significant amount as overdue and it is during this period that I see I have been charged a late payment fee. I attempt to contact Virgin Media via its messaging service. However despite having alrwady logged in to the website and going throught various security questions I recieve no response to my concern regarding my bills. I try this service again the bect day but i am repeatedly requested to go through the same security questions then am disconnected before i reviece a response.

On 4 October I make a 2nd online complaint. I have recieved notification of this, butat this point no formal response dedpite my detailing that this has been an ongoing issue for nearly three months.

8 October I recieve my 3rd bill, again this bill is incorrect. Again it includes both a package cost of £103pm and the surplus from the previously incorrect bills. I once again call VM. Again I am offered apologies for the error and confirmation that my bill should have a rolling crefit of £31pm applied. I am assured that this will be applied within 48hrs and my account credited with £131.50. I checked that this would be done by 10 Oct as I will be checking that this gas been done on 11 Oct but was advised that I should not need to check and it will be done.

On 11 October I recieved a robo call from VM late afternoon demanding payment. It offered an automated response option, so I called through to complain. However after 15 minutes in the queue the automated line told me that there was no one to take my call and cut me off.

On 12 October I tried to use the message service again, with the same result as above.

On 14 October I reieved a text message from VM threatening to cut my service off and finally on 16 October my service has been incorrectly cut off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Numerous Bill complaints

Hi Username999,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the above experience. Certainly not the level of service we aim to offer. I can certainly look into this for you via PM. Just for the thread's purpose, I'll explain how rolling credits work and how the online account would show things. 

If a rolling credit is needed, using your figures here, then the base price would be £103 with a rolling credit of £31. The rolling credit wouldn't be shown in the online account, only the base price would show on the contract. How the rolling credit works is in the background of the account. The account starts each month with a balance of £-31 or whatever the rolling credit is, then the full base price would then be applied. This would then make the bill the agreed price providing no further charges. 

I'll continue this via PM for you however as agreed.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos