Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance Calls

Can someone please explain why after constantly explaining to  your staff that I have no need to upgrade my package, service or handset I am constantly being pestered. Today alone (17/1/2020) I’ve had two calls, yesterday had another. It’s been going on since our contract expired and we opted out to renew for numerous poor service issues. I would imagine that since we decided not to renew we’ve had 30 calls. Mainly we’ve ignored them but on the occasions we’ve answered them we’ve explained the situation and told the caller not to call back and to pass this on. I’m the account holder, something they insist on when I want to complain, but they’ll speak to either of us when trying to push products. POOR !!!!!!!!

This is needs to stop and if this post fails to stop it I’ll have to contact OFCOM to see if they can resolve the situation. We will also be looking at another provider rather than deal with this kind of behaviour 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nuisance Calls

Good Morning Doguss65,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you're being called by our teams in regarding to possibly upgrades and renewals.

Can you please advise me when you opted out of marketing calls? After this has been requested, it can take up to 6 weeks before this action has been processed, if this was requested well before the 6 week period, we'll need to take a closer look into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David 

Thanks for the reply but I didn’t know I had agreed to the calls let alone had to opt out. Anyway, can you let me know how to opt out please. I’ve asked numerous callers from Virgin not to keep calling, I’d have thought that that would’ve been enough but obviously not. 

Can you let me know how to opt out of the calls or better still do it from your end. 

Again, many thanks for the reply

cheers,

Martin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Doguss65,

To opt-out you can update your marketing preferences via My Virgin Media here: https://virg.in/myVM. Head to 'My Profile' > 'My Preferences' > 'Marketing Consent'.

Thanks,

Zoie_P

0 Kudos