Menu
Debraski
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Notification of house move

I have been waiting for 6 hours on the message us to try and inform Virgin that I am moving house.  I am not taking the service with me as it's unavailable at my new address (and the service is so dreadful I wouldn't want to anyway!)

Their customer service is woefully inadequate.

I have cancelled my direct debit as a starter.  But what on earth are you supposed to do if you cannot contact them?

I have tried phoning and it cuts you off because it's says they are too busy.

I have completed a complaints form which they say will take up to 28 days to respond.

Has anyone got any suggestions at all about what to do about this?

I think this definitely needs to be raised with Ofcom.  I don't believe a Company should have a system in place where you cannot email, contact by phone, write and where the only option is to wait for hours and hours on their message us service only for them not to answer.

I have taken screen shots of the "message us" so at least I have evidence of how long I have been waiting.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notification of house move

Consider the following options:

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support  
Diamond Plaza  
Daleside Road  
Nottingham  
Nottinghamshire  
NG2 3GG 

Be aware of early cancellation charges if still within the minimum contract period

Use a postal service that provides confirmation of delivery, for instance Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service; 30 days notice period starts from receipt.

Also consider whether it is appropriate to quote your account password (the one quoted when calling Virgin Media) in your cancellation letter to confirm you are the account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Notification of house move

Although VM customer service is appalling, cancelling the direct debit isn't recommended. They will just pass it on to a debt collector and it will impact your credit file. It will just create problems for you, possibly years down the line.
0 Kudos