Menu
Highlighted
Family71
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not working

Has anyone had issues registering for my virgin media.account, have gone live but still cant register even in the app as well

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not working

Hi Family71,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome to Virgin, I am sorry you haven't been able to register for an online account.

Can I just confirm the Email address you are trying to use hasn't been used on another Virgin media account?

What error message are you getting when you try to sign up, can you please copy the image here omitting any personal information ?

Kind  regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Family71
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have sorted it now, used mobile number accoubt was setup in to register and created password uppercase at start rest lower with two numbers at the end.

Broadband speed wise does this take a couple of days to settle?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Family71,

Thank you for the update glad to hear you have managed to log on, in regards to your other query what speed are you on and what are you getting when using speedtest.net on a wired connection?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Family71
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

100 meg deal, did speed test on wired laptop came up around 70 meg, then tested with ps4 speed connection was 103 which was strange how they where both worked but different. 

Wifi speed test around 40 to 50 in room with thr hub, around 20 to 30 in other rooms but I do have a tplink booster.

But will be getting a couple more as is a weak spot in the kitchen and the very end bedroom of the hallway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Family71,

Thank you for your update, there are so many factors when it come to internet access especially WiFi, you can try to use our connect app this will allow you to do a full check and will resolve most WiFi issues, it can also run black spot checks and help you order boosters if needed, you can find out more  here .

There are also some good hints and tips around WiFi  here , 

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Family71
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you charge for virgin boosters as I used the app to tweak wifi in kitchen but said would need booster.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It depends on which package you are on, if you are on the maxit on the TV then they are free if not they are £3.00 per month, you can also purchase your own 3rd party ones if preferred.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Family71
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think I will order two more 3rd party to link ones 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is a lot of forums where you can get information around which are the best ton use the Virgin Media. 

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos