cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not received sign up voucher

renodc
Joining in

Like many, completed a sign up offer for Virgin broadband on 06/07/22 for install 19/07/22, more than 120 days later, not received. Via Moneysupermarket affiliate.

Email address it says to chase with any queries is an 'Unmonitored inbox' and no reply in two weeks.

Have I been scammed? I will take to ASA if I cannot be assisted here.

4 REPLIES 4

renodc
Joining in
To add - yes I have checked junk. Yes I received a confirmation email with the offer details after I placed the order.

It is Virgins responsibility to make sure that their affiliates are fulfilling orders. This seems to be a frequent issue from looking online so you must be aware of the problem.

Would be interesting to loop in Ofcom to the ASA complaint as the volume of issues im seeing over the last few years amounts to blatant fraud.

Hi @renodc

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry you've not received the voucher - it's not from us so we'd not be able to send you it but I do wish to help.

Was it from Giftcloud or someone similar? You should have an email from the order confirmation advising you of this.

Keep me posted.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, I have the email confirmation. It says if any queries to email an address which auto replies with an error. And no way of phoning.

I'll just raise this directly to OFCOM and the ASA. Virgin got my signup, the affiliate got the commission, and neither of you want anything to do with it. I think theyll be interested in the racket you have going on here that effect countless people, with what I can onlyy assume many more that give up chasing or just forget about the offer - im sure the 'Wait up to 120 days' helps with the latter.

Virgin is as accountable for the affiliate - you're the ones I pay my money to, and you're the ones that allow your name, brand and services to be advertised.

A very unhappy customer that will not be recommending you.

Thanks for coming back to me. 

The two mentioned will simply advise as I have but I will send you a PM now to formalise our complaint response to you for this.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill