Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not received referral credit

My neighbour referred me to virgin broadband. I received an email with a link to click which would give us both £50 credit once my service was set up. I clicked this link and set up my contract the same day, service started in early Nov. I have received no credit, although he has!

Call centre staff were very unhelpful and could not resolve this problem, just told me there was no record of it on my account and that I had no further recourse. Basically “tough luck, go away, everyone you speak to will tell you the same thing”. 

Does anyone know how I get in touch with a team who can actually look into this properly??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not received referral credit

Hello @Aliceio, Welcome to the Virgin Media Forums, It's nice to have you around. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this issues with the RAF credit (refer a friend) and with our customer service team, please be assured that this is far below the level of customer service that we aim to provide.  

Just to confirm you signed up to the services though the link you were provided? Did you get a confirmation email? 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Kind regards 

Zak_M

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. I have since spoken to someone at Virgin (yesterday, after completing a complaints form) who has resolved this for me. I signed up to Virgin Media for landline/broadband the same day I received the referral email (6 Oct), with my service installed on 2 Nov.

As it turns out, I DID receive the credit, but it was buried on page 4 of my first bill in November - I was not expecting it to be given so quickly (it stated that it would be 28 days after starting the service, so I expected it to be on my December bill), and it didn't appear in the 'headline' figures on page 1 of the bill, which had all sorts of set up charges and fees and other discounts applied, so it wasn't obvious that it was £50 less than it could have been.

So it makes it all the more strange that the call centre colleague could not find any record of it, and I am still angry that he told me there was absolutely no one else, no phone number, email address or other way of contacting Virgin or help when there is Twitter, a complaints form, a Community Forum (!), a postal address etc etc etc. More training required, I think. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @Aliceio, Really appreciate your response. 

I completely understand the frustration that this has caused. I am glad to hear that you have managed to get this resolved and the credit has in fact been credited already. 

I am sure that the member of the complaints team that you spoke with yesterday will have already passed this information as feedback to our management team, I will make sure that I also feed this back. to insure that going forward this will not happen again.

It goes without saying that should you require any further assistance then please do let us know and we would be only to happy to assist further. 

Kind regards 

Zak_M