cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not honouring Sports HD promise

plinengland
Joining in

hello - i have in writing (through the chat functionality) that my new sky sports package would be in HD (looks like i cannot upload images).

I have called today, they said they cannot help as it's in writing - so to use the chat functionality, the chat functionality took over 2 hours and then asked to go to whatsapp, i went to whatsapp and it said it cannot accept any more messages. 

I went to twitter-  they said to post the message here (which i find strange as it's clearly a contract problem).

How do i get this issue resolved and virgin to honour what they promised me?

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Whether verbal or written, it's a binding agreement - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Section 50 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was promised, whether they like it or not. No matter what VM say about "not the right deal", "can't offer that to you", "deal not on the system", you agreed a contract with their agent, that is now binding.

The helpful forum staff will usually sort this out for you (response might be minutes or up to a day or so).  If they can't then come back here and we'll explain how to take matters further. 

Thanks Alessandro - yep i hope they can sort this quickly as it's pretty poor form tbh. I mean it's literally a case of "is Sky Sports in HD?" and the reply "yes Sky Sports is HD" !

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any user can upload images, but they need to manually approved before public visibility.

If you have a TV360, you only have one set of Sky Sports channels in the EPG - positions 501-510. Whether they are in SD or HD depends on your bundle.

Can you post up a screenshot of your chat session? That will help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot 2023-02-03 144049.png

Excellent, that's legally binding on VM (and would be even if was a verbal promise). 

I'm sure forum staff will sort this out, none of us want things to get heavy because VM are trying to breach a consumer's rights.  Like this example.

..deleting as finally sorted..